-->

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

In the beginning

I came across some of my old negs while cleaning the other day. I found 2 that really made me remember the days of deciding what i wanted to do with my life. I struggled with who i was and what people expected of me. I had a hard time finding my place, as i'm sure many young people encounter. I was very lucky in high school. I had a teacher who saw something in me and pushed me to live my life my own way and create things from nothing. Todd Ainsley is a master of photography and one of my mentors.

This photo i took, "oldman" was my first try and approaching a stranger and breaking down the boundaries that held me back. Mr. Ainsley took this picture and helped me make a portfolio.




I got into a few schools with it and decided on Sheridan. It was there i took this image of a woman waiting for a train on my Arca Swiss 4x5. i just liked the results.



I met my second mentor, George Simhoni a few years later.

Enjoy.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment